Adding or Dropping a Class

You may add classes online in your CMS Student/HR account by logging into MyCSUMB and adding the course in your Student Center through the end of the first week of the Add/Drop (Schedule Adjustment) period.  After the first week of the Schedule Adjustment period, you must submit an Add/Drop form to the Campus Service Center.

You may drop classes online in your CMS Student account by logging into MyCSUMB and dropping the course in your Student Center through the end of the Add/Drop (Schedule Adjustment) period. 

Withdraw Procedure

After the last day of the Add/Drop period, you must complete a Class Withdrawal form. You will need to demonstrate and document serious and compelling reasons to withdraw from your course(s). Please note that your Dean's signature and Instructor's signature will be required and the courses withdrawn will show as a "W" on your record.

Withdrawing from the Institution

Students who find it necessary to withdraw from CSUMB after enrolling for any academic term are required to follow the official withdrawal procedures. Failure to follow formal withdrawal procedure may result in the assignment of failing grades in all courses and the need to apply for readmission before being permitted to enroll in another academic term.

Students needing to withdraw begin the process by filling out the University Withdrawal form. To formally withdraw from the institution students must complete the withdrawal process by submitting the University Withdrawal form, with attached supporting documentation and required signatures, to the Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies. Signatures from the instructors of all enrolled  classes are required.  A grade of "W" will appear on the transcript for all  withdrawals approved and processed after the Add/Drop period.

Students who are receiving financial aid funds must consult with the CSUMB Financial Aid Office prior to withdrawing  (verification signature of Financial Aid Representative required) from the University regarding any refunds or repayments of grant or loan assistance received for that academic term. If a recipient of financial assistance under federal Title IV financial aid programs withdraws from the institution during a payment period the amount of grant or loan assistance received is subject to refund provisions governed by federal law.

Requests for refunds after the first two weeks of the semester are subject to Title V regulations (copy available at the Cashier's Office.)