- Office of the Registrar
- Academic Requirements Report
- Apply to Graduate
- Cal State CourseMatch (Online Concurrent Enrollment)
- Catalog Year
- Credit By Exam
- Dean's List
- Declaring/Changing Major
- Enrollment & Degree Verification
- International Student Services
- Registration Deadlines
- Student Advisory
- Transcript Request
- Transfer Credit
- Withdrawal and Repeat Information
- Veterans Services
The Enrollment Appointment is the time window during which students can register for classes. Enrollment appointments are assigned for Spring and Fall terms only. Check your enrollment appointment to see your personalized start date for registration for the term.
Enrollment Appointment Essentials
- You cannot register before your appointment. Make sure your Enrollment Appointment has begun before trying to add a class.
- You cannot register without an Enrollment Appointment. If an appointment for the current semester does not appear on your Student Center page, and you are an active student, contact the Campus Service Center at (831) 582-5100 for assistance.
Check Your Enrollment Appointment
- Login to MyCSUMB
- Click on the CMS Student link
- In your CMS Student Center your enrollment appointment will appear in the Enrollment Dates box in the lower right hand corner.
- Click on the details link to view the time of day that the enrollment appointment begins. If the date does not appear, please contact the Campus Service Center for assistance.
How are Enrollment Appointments assigned?
Enrollment Appointments are determined by the following practice that has been approved by the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Services.
All degree-seeking students should register as early in the registration period as possible, especially if attempting to enroll in any limited-access courses.
Students are limited in how many units (credits) you may register for. There is also a similar, but separate limit for how many credits' worth of waitlists you can be on.
Scheduling of Registration for Continuing Students
Students shall be allowed to register in the following order:
- Priority Students
- All other continuing undergraduate students eligible for registration. Appointment times for this group are assigned by class level and number of units a student has completed. Appointments are set in descending order, so that the students with the greatest number of completed units are first, and the least number of completed units follow.
- Graduate, Credential and Second Baccalaureate Students
- All other students not included in the groups above
Priority Student Categories
- Students who are registered with Student Disability Services that would otherwise not achieve their academic goals within a reasonable period of time due to an on-going disability.
- Students who participate in intercollegiate sports governed by the NCAA.
- Students who are members or former members of Armed Forces of the United States or the State Military Reserve who have received an honorable discharge, a general discharge, or an other than honorable discharge within four years of leaving state or federal active duty. "Armed Forces of the United States" means the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard, Naval Militia, Navy, and the reserve components of each of those forces, including the California National Guard. A member of the Armed Forces of the United States or the State Military Reserve who received a dishonorable discharge or a bad conduct discharge is not eligible for priority registration for enrollment.
- Students who are foster youth or former foster youth. “Foster youth” means people who are currently in foster care. “Former foster youth” means people who are emancipated foster youth and are up to 24 years of age.
- Students who would not otherwise achieve their academic goals within a reasonable period of time because they participate in an ongoing, university-sanctioned activity that significantly benefits the university. In a case such as this, the administrator in charge of the student’s activity must make a formal request to the Priority Registration Committee, on behalf of the students, for inclusion in Category E.
Eligibility for Inclusion in Category 5
In order to be granted priority registration under Category 5, the administrator requesting inclusion shall provide documentation that their department activity has met the following criteria:
- The significance of the activity toward the benefit of the university as a whole. Students must participate in a university-sanctioned activity that significantly benefits the university. This means that the benefits of the activity for the university as a whole are a consideration. However, participation in such an activity is a necessary but not sufficient condition for the privilege of priority registration.
- The necessity of priority registration in order to participate in the activity. Priority registration must be necessary for the student to successfully participate in the activity. If the student can successfully participate in the program without priority registration, priority registration will not be granted.
- The necessity of priority registration for the activity to successfully take place. Priority registration must be necessary to allow a sufficient number of students to participate in the activity to ensure it's success.
Only if all three conditions are met will priority registration be granted. The Priority Registration Committee shall then recommend to the Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management which groups meet eligibility for priority registration.
Priority Registration Responsibilities
The coordinator or administrator shall submit a list of students in his/her priority group who are eligible for priority registration to the registrar’s office by the date set by the Office of the Registrar.
If you encounter problems, please contact the Campus Service Center at (831) 582-5100 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org